2016-17 Annual Report
In 2016-17, GPC’s three ports, Bundaberg, Gladstone and Rockhampton handled a record 121.2 million tonne (Mt) of cargo, 4.5 million tonnes higher than the previous financial year. The Port of Gladstone handled an impressive 120.4Mt to surpass Hay Point as Queensland’s largest port. In addition to trade growth and strong financial and safety performance, GPC invested approximately $270,000 into our local communities through sponsorships and donations.
- Record tonnage throughput of 121.2Mt.
- Welcomed a blue dozer to the fleet in support of Movember
- Welcomed six trainees to its newly developed Cross Industry Operations Traineeship
- Invested nearly $3 million in the communities in which we operate.
- GPC will continue to assess opportunities to diversify and grow trade across our three ports.
GPC’s Future Directions Community Liaison Group will lead design and development of an Indigenous Community Facility in Gladstone in 2017/18.
GPC will finalise planning of the East Shores Stage 1B expansion, with site works planned to commence in 2017/18.