2018-19 Annual Report
In 2018-19, GPC's three ports,
Rockhampton handled over 124.8 million tonne (Mt) of cargo, 124.02Mt of which was handled through the Port of Gladstone. Our financial performance was the best on record, demonstrating the strength of our operations, with a dividend returned to the State Government of $73.8m.
- Innovative new 50+ year Strategic Precinct Plans were prepared for GPC’s wharf centres — the Port of Bundaberg, Auckland Point, Barney Point, Fisherman’s Landing and the Port of Rockhampton.
- GPC signed a tripartite agreement with the Queensland Government and Rockhampton City Council to construct two new boat-launching facilities near Port Alma.
- In partnership with MAKO Tidal Turbines Pty Ltd, GPC successfully demonstrated that tidal flows in the Port of Gladstone can be harnessed to produce electricity without adverse impact to the marine environment.
- GPC worked to secure an increase green fuel trade at the Port of Bundaberg, with a planned 170 per cent increase in wood pellet exports from the middle of next year.
- Adopt GPC Sustainability Strategy ‘Pathway to a Sustainable Future’ consistent with the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
- Deliver the Clinton Vessel Interaction Project (CVIP).
- Publish GPC’s 50 Year Strategic Plan.
- Develop Port of Gladstone’s Land Use Plan.