Talent Today, Talent Tomorrow University Scholarship
As part of our Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) we are providing a university scholarship to help facilitate increased opportunities for members of the Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Australian South Sea Islander communities in the Gladstone Region.
The scholarship provides financial support for up to a three year period to one successful candidate who is enrolled in an undergraduate program of studies. Both beginning and continuing students are encouraged to apply.
Scholarship recipients will receive a payment of $3,500 on the successful completion of each semester, for a total of $7,000 annually, for up to three years.
Recipients whose area of study aligns with GPC’s areas of business such as Engineering, Environmental Science, Business, Finance, Human Resources or Community Relations may also apply to be considered for a six week paid vacation placement each year during the life of their scholarship.
Talent Today, Talent Tomorrow Scholarship applicants must:
- be enrolled at an approved Australian university at HECS census date
- be enrolled in either a part-time or full-time undergraduate academic program
- provide evidence that they belong to either the Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander or Australian South Sea Islander community
- provide evidence that they or their parents reside in the specified postcode areas of 4680, 4677, 4694, 4695
Before you apply
We encourage you to read through our Talent Today, Talent Tomorrow Scholarship Application Pack before beginning your application.
Applicants must complete the online application form and provide a 500 word statement demonstrating:
- how this scholarship will assist you in your studies
- your involvement in community and connection to culture to date
- some key achievements
- your career aspirations for the future
Applicants should also include two referees, one personal and one professional, and any additional relevant documentation or evidence that will support the application.
How to apply
Applications are now closed for the 2018 Talent Today, Talent Tomorrow Scholarship.
Please contact our Indigenous Affairs Advisor, Lee-ann Dudley, on 07 4976 1649 or via email.