2017 Paint the Port Competition
We are calling for registrations for the 2017 Paint
the Port art competition as part of our Arts in the Park event to be held
during this year’s Gladstone Harbour Festival.
The competition provides amateur and professional artists from Gladstone, Rockhampton or Bundaberg with an opportunity to present their unique portrayal of port activities or infrastructure for a chance to win cash prizes.
The winning entry in each category will win the following:
- Open Category - $1,000 acquisitive cash prize
- High School Category - $350 cash prize
- Upper Primary School Category (Year 4 to Year 6) - $75 cash prize
- Lower Primary School Category (Prep to Year 3) - $75 cash prize
How to enter
We encourage you to review our 2017 Paint the Port Competition Terms and Conditions prior to submitting your online entry form.
Submitting your artwork
Artists are required to submit their artwork with the supplied artwork label between 9am and 3pm on Friday 7 April 2017 at CQUniversity's Leo Zussino Building, Bryan Jordan Drive, Gladstone.
You will need:
Details regarding artwork collection after the event will be communicated to entrants.
Paint the Port Exhibition
Artwork will be displayed at the Paint the Port Exhibition at CQUniversity Gladstone's Marina campus from Wednesday 12 April to Friday 21 April 2017, with the winners announced on our Facebook page on Thursday 13 April.
2016 Winning Entries
- 2016 Open Category Winner: 'Hello Gladstone Port' by Ping Carlyon
- 2016 Open Category Highly Commended: ‘Impression of Gladstone Port’ by Joan Kent
- 2016 High School Category Winner: ‘Our Harbour View from Spinnaker Park’ by Huiling Dong
- 2016 Primary School Winner: ‘Loading Up’ by Parker Krebs
For information about the Paint the Port competition email or phone our Corporate and Community Relations Team on 1800 243 GPC (472).